Saturday, September 17, 2011

Potter's House Analysis

This one was tough.  As a white, upper middle class, Cooperative Baptist boy from East Memphis, I was quite out of my element, and there were a few things that didn't quite resonate right with me (particularly in the areas of requests for money and public crying, but more on those later).  In spite of these things, it was a powerful experience and a fitting way to wrap up my long journey to ordination.  I experienced an incredible time of worship and a riveting sermon, all of which left me with a lot on which to reflect.  As always, here's the table of contents:

Part 1: Preliminary Comments and Arrival
Part 2: Worship, Welcome, and a Few Frustrations
Part 3: Announcements, More Music, and a Quick Promo
Part 4: Sermon- "Shake It Off"
Part 5: More Sermon, Altar Call, and Dismissal
Part 6: Lingering Questions and Epilogue

Well, I guess that about wraps up this portion of the project.  What a long, strange trip it's been.  I've still got a few articles that I'm working on here and there that may find their way onto this blog, but for now, well . . . I guess I'm done.

Peace and Blessings,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment